Re: Off Topic but.....

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Off Topic but.....
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:42:25 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Since my other email address is also a Webtv, I can tell you that there
isn't much you can do.  Webtv offers no filters and, since Microsoft took
them over a while back, the spam has really gotten out of hand.  I've been
told all the stuff about not signing up for things on the web, that they
pick up your address from your website, they monitor mailing lists for
active addresses, but --- my SO is on NONE of those things and only uses the
Webtv to communicate with family and STILL gets the ink cartridge, penis
enlarging, pasta cooker, junk emails.

Personally, I think Microsoft is selling their Webtv mail addresses to these
mass marketers, but I don't have any proof of that.  The only real solution
with Webtv is to periodically change your email address.  When the spam gets
out of hand, start using a new email account, so you have a fresh start.
That's the only thing that works for me.

-Nory

NORYS LAWS:
1.  Just because you have found the problem, doesn't mean you've found the
ONLY problem.
2.  Just because it's new doesn't mean it works right.