Re: Holes in trunk?

To: <LottMJ1967@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Holes in trunk?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:54:20 -0600
> Question for listers...
> When I open the trunk/boot of my '68 Midget and look towards the back,
there are two 1/2" holes on right hand (passenger) side.
> They look factory cut, (although the p.o. of my car made some very
interesting "modifications," this isn't one of them...) and I think they my
be there to strap something down(?).  My owners manual makes no mention of
what would go there and I have seen some '68 models that have the holes and
some without.  Inquiring mind wondering about little things.

Matthew,
Those holes originally had vent tubes coming up to them that connected to
the original electric SU fuel pump, intended to minimize the possibility of
having sparks from the points in the fuel pump ignite fuel vapors.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
1973 RWA Project
1974 RWA Warrior