Re: Roller bearings HELP!

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Roller bearings HELP!
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:34:29 EDT
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net, wolfbj@prodigy.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/25/03 3:42:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

> I can't shut up. There you go.
> The old Timken bearings made in good ole PennsylRAINia
> is what chuck probably has on his Sprite.
> Asian read backwards from us so if the specs caleed for .123
> you get 321. No wonder they don't fit!
> Thanks to Peter, I get some chinese auto parts manufacturer
> emails, they can't even spell. But it is great reading ;)
> "We sale quarity uto pats to you belly belly cheep."
> We do all are own work. #1 son melts metal, #1 duaghter bang metal into
> shape, #3 son in charge of quality control, (he's brind)

LOL--I knew Frank could nail down the problem.  But he is probably right.
8^)  I normally request USA or England parts, and German parts are pretty good.

I didn't on the roller bearings and ended up with one side Chinese and the
other side Japanese.  I used my backwards guage (made in Taiwan) and found that
while I had plenty of room for the cotter pin according to the oriental scale,
it STILL lacked a good 1/8" by the actual fit.  Of course the cotter pin was
USA, so it wasn't about to fit into that English hole distanced by that
oriental bearing.

--David C.