Re: Golden Sprite Poll

To: nory@buffnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Golden Sprite Poll
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:47:39 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/03 11:51:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, nory@buffnet.net
writes:

> Not to put a damper on all this enthusiasm, but... Has anyone considered
> the
> legality of this raffle just to offset the costs of a Sprite gathering?
> (not that it isn't a worthy cause, mind you)  I mean, don't such raffles
> have to benefit non-profit organizations?  Maybe it depends what state
> you're in, but I was just wondering....
>
> Do the Carlisle raffles "benefit" an organization of any kind, or is it just
> profit for the organizers?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Most of these have to benefit a "charitable" organization.  We are already
non-profit, and charity begins at home, so I say "Go for it!" (but don't let
anybody know).

I think there are tax issues if a for-profit company holds a raffle, such as
Carlisle Promotions.  Rick is working with them to figure it all out.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)