Re: Golden Sprite Poll

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Golden Sprite Poll
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:47:31 -0400
On Friday 06 June 2003 12:01 pm, David Lieb wrote:
> > > 1) Stock 948 or 1275?
> > > 2) Rib/Smoothcase or 5 speed?
> > > 3) Drum or disc brakes?
> > > 4) A gold car w/black or black car w/gold?
> > > 5) Leather or vinyl seats?
> > > 6) Side curtains or electric windows? Oh, never mind ;)

1) 948. (if obtainable) otherwise any other engine that can be aquired and
is mechanically sound.
2) 5-speed? Only if one is donated.
3) Wire wheels (w/disc brakes) if they can be aquired, drums otherwise.
4) Gold body, Paint the wires gold!  No stripes!  I envision a lighter gold
(not too yellowish).  Anybody here good with Photoshop?
5) Seats - Take the black w/white piping re-upolster kit, seem rip it, and sew
in gold vinyl piping, although I have'nt seen metallic vinyl except in early
60's GM products!
6) It does'nt really matter if it comes with side curtains.

Despite the non-original color, I believe that every effort should be made in
all other aspects to make the car original.  Paint the engine green etc...

Allow the winner  the choice regarding accessories and performance upgrades.
The winner may appreciate original.  Or perhaps it is better said that the
winner should TASTE original.

For example, you are faced with a situation where an individual has donated an
original set of HS1 carbs and a company has donated a weber sidedraft setup.
What do you do?  You should clean up and install the HS1's and throw the
sidedraft kit in the trunk!  (or rather boot!).

Utlimately this will all be decided by economy and generosity of those
involved.  If someone donates a freshly built 1312 motor then go ahead and
put it in (and put the weber on), but I don't think that's going to happen.