Re: trailers and their suprises!

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: trailers and their suprises!
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:26:48 -0700
Cc: bushwacker4@zoomtown.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I towed my Bugeye to the Buttonwillow M*** British Extravaganza a few months
ago.  It's a three hour ride from my home to Buttonwillow.  Right at the top of
the hill in the Grapevine (Gorman) I got stopped by a cop that had "Killer Cop"
printed on his sunglasses.  I knew I was in trouble when I read that.  HE had
been following me and my son for a few miles trying to stop us,  I was oblivious
to the red lights and siren.  I had the radio up and was talking to my son.
When
I did notice and pulled over to the side of the road, the cop was seething.  He
asked what that was that was hitting his windshield.  I was eating sunflower
seeds and spitting the shells out the window!  He was so pissed, he wrote me up
for towing a trailer in the wrong lane (fast lane out of 4 lanes) and speeding
with a trailer.  I was doing 82 miles and hour!  Your only supposed to do 55 MPH
on California highways with a trailer.  The bail amount was $481.  I learned
something about trailers that day.  And "Killer Cops!"
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite