Re: trailers and their suprises!

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: trailers and their suprises!
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:00:22 -0400
Have to relate this trailer story. A friend has an uncle I have met a
few times that has a 40 Willys street rod. The car is superb inside
outside and fast as stink. He has an enclosed dual axle trailer and Ford
pickup, On the way east on the PA turnpike, they are in the left lane
passing a trailer truck. The trucker is totally unaware his trailer has
swayed into the next lane enough to snag the enclosed trailer fender and
send the pickup and trailer sliding off the road and flipping over in
the grass. Ididn't hear what the trucker ended up with, but the big kick
in the butt is the cops wrote the uncle up for unsafe passing! After the
pickup is towed away totalled, the Willys comes out of the wrecked
trailer with one small scratch from a gallon jug that wasn't secured.
The car had been hanging by the tiedowns and they got to drive home in it.

My trailer is an Econo-Trailer by Divley (see them at all the Carlisle &
Hershey shows). It was primarily intended for ATVs. It's a 6x 12 solid
diamond plate floor and came with three ramps (ATV trikes & quads) it
has a single 3500 lb axle with 14" tires and is rated for 2000lb loads.
It does not have brakes because it is under the required weight. The
axle is mounted back of the center a bit, we load it so the Jeep and
trailer are level, and it tows with the Bugeye or even my sons Neon as
if it wasn't even back there. 4 hours to Sprite Spree on the turnpike
and it was a real pleasure, since I didn't have any big rigs crack into me.

Dave & Bobbie