RE: No LBC- Test drives

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No LBC- Test drives
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:46:42 -0500
David,

I'm not sure I agree...  We have an '01 Subaru Outback 6 cylinder with the
vehicle dynamic control (VDC) system.  It's supposed to determine if the car
is plowing/spinning while turning, and applies gas and braking to each
individual wheel to bring the car out of the spin/plow (via a clutch for
each wheel). It also incorporates traction control and anti-lock brakes.

I have done some serious testing with the car in the snow, fresh oil slick
drizzle, and rain in a parking lot near my house (well, serious for me,
anyway).  It performs extraordinarily well.  I even have trouble spinning
the tires in 6" of fresh snow.  And I feel very safe driving on the highway
in rain and snow.

That being said, the car has a 36 month B2B warrantee.  I'll be turning it
in during the 36th month.  I do NOT want to be the guy stuck changing the
clutch disks on the drivetrain, or replacing the computer when it crashes.

In the meantime,        I'll be enjoying the stock McIntosh stereo system...

Mike
'78 Midget "My Little Money Pit"
'95 Ford Probe "Her Car"
'01 Outback H6 VDC