RE: No LBC- Test drives

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <jleclainche@cox.net>
Subject: RE: No LBC- Test drives
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:35:58 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jacques,

I do not refuse a test drive to anyone unless they do not have a
valid driver's license (in fact I offer and encourage it). How else
can you get someone excited about it. I never judge a book by it's
cover because I have learned many times that you can be pleasantly
surprised by anyone. My point was about those who have no intention
or interest beyond their entertainment for an afternoon. I know many
come to drive a Volvo or an Audi, but will go buy a Honda because
it's cheaper. I'm not sure they were ever serious in the first place
about a high end car, but I HAVE sold two people Volvos that were
also considering Hondas, but they liked the AND me so I sold them the
very same day. Both said it was the best car buying experience they
ever had.  The second couple came in very casually dressed driving a
beat up 10+ year old Honda that most people would have ignored. The
guy turned out to be the San Francisco Bureau Chief of the LA Times.
Hasn't happened yet, but he promised to invite me out for dinner and
even fix me up with a good looking date!...'-)

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb