RE: Another 1/4 elliptic question

To: "'Hanna, Mark'" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: RE: Another 1/4 elliptic question
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:15:25 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mark,  The cheap aftermarket stock springs are not good, and you may not
need the offset racing type either.  I run stock rearced springs, with
rubber bushing on the radius arms, and no panhard rod.  This is just my
personal choice as I like the car to be tight in the front and loose in
the rear.  Poly in the front and rubber in the rear works for me.  This
does assume you never lift in the corners.
                Crash

Hi Crash, (It's nice to hear from you)
You do not elaborate...What is all wrong ? "We tight" has not been in my
vocabulary. However, "Slow Progress" is ;-)  I was under the impression
that aftermarket springs were less than satisfactory. My original
springs are in great shape. Should I put them aside and buy bespoke
springs ? Not modify mine. What vendor do you recommend ? Mini Mania,
Winners Circle, Speedwell, Peter May, Dave Jahmiak (Thanks Wm). I should
not need offset springs with my tire choice. Should I get offset springs
anyways ? What are you running ?
Thanks,
Mark Hanna (Colorado)