Another 1/4 elliptic question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another 1/4 elliptic question
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:47:42 -0700
First the bad news...I got my tub back from the painter a few weeks ago. It
looks amazing. 2002 Jaguar BRG. I have been happily putting it all back
together. Then one evening with the sun very low on the horizon I noticed that
one sill was a lighter shade of green than the rest of the car. I called the
painter over to the house. He agreed. The car is back apart and going back to
the paint shop.  I'm trying to get this car back on it's own wheels. I'm doing
the old "e" rust removal trick on the rear springs.
(BTW, I'm using Red Devil lye with good results). My question is for Frank C.
and others who said that they are running with the top 3 shortest rear spring
leaves removed. How much lower does the car sit with 3 leaves removed ? Is it
analogous to running a 286 cam ? Or is 3 leaves shy more like running a 266
cam ? Maybe I could remove all 4 top leaves ? (I'm going for the 286 model).
And finally, with these leaves removed do I need adjustable trailing links, or
will the stock trailing links and poly u bushings be fine. PS. I will be
running a Speedwell Panhard bar and 175R/60/13's (Kumo or Yoko's)
As always...Thanks Guys !
Mark Hanna (Colorado)