Re: Respray cost

To: "Antony Gelberg" <antony@antgel.co.uk>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Respray cost
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:00:40 -0500
if it's a concept best put on a back burner for a few years i highly
reccomend you forget trying to get a feel for a financial "value" at this
point in time.  why?   material costs vary depending upon color chosen,
specific companies seem to come and go as far as manufacturers are concerned
and labor rates only go up.  if you are literally looking a few years down
the road, anything you are quoted will be of little value  as any type of
guideline once you are ready.   hey!  i am not trying to frustrate you but
preperation is evrything and then aplication follows there after.   if
evrything "goes up" in cost  an estimate of what someone else has invested
is only relative to that specific project as evry one of these cars vary in
their specific needs and things wich have been done in the past wich need to
be un-done or re-done.    i have yet to see two identical condition cars.
between owner neglect, time and rust and colisions (from parking lot dents
to outright crumpled panels looking like an acordian!) they all become quite
individually unique unto themselves.

chuck.
not quite the answer, but it was an honest attempt!