RE: Pressure regulator suggestion

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Pressure regulator suggestion
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:11:05 -0500
Cc: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I'm afraid I haven't priced one, lately, as the old style (points) ones that
I run have been totally dependable.  Used to be around $100-$125, however.
I know the Facets were significantly cheaper.  I like to stick with the O.E.
stuff, when I can still get it.  Since availability of O.E. stuff is
significantly better for Brit cars than it is for, shall we say, German
classics, I feel rather blessed and like to take advantage of still being
able to get "the good stuff".  If we don't ask for and purchase the "good
stuff" when it is made available to us, at a reasonable price (a very
relative term, I realize), we have only ourselves to blame when "good stuff"
is no longer available because we've fallen for the "pacific rim" junk.  No,
I'm not classifying Facet as pacific rim junk.  I'm just trying to make a
point.