RE: Pressure regulator suggestion

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Pressure regulator suggestion
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:32:43 -0500
Cc: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank,
While I can assure you that TRF doesn't have it's own Chinese manufacturing
plant, you are not entirely wrong about the Chinese stuff.  It's getting
harder and harder to get away from it, no matter where you go.  My point is
that we should use and insist on the best quality, O.E. type stuff for our
cars, as opposed to buying strictly based upon price.  There is still some
"good stuff" to be had, out there.  By supporting the "good stuff", we
encourage our vendors to look for quality parts as opposed to what I call
"caricature parts".  We are very fortunate in that the overall quality and
selection of parts for our LBCs is far better and more reasonably priced
than that which is available for vintage Volkswagens and Porsches.  Vintage
BMW stuff is mainly available only through salvage yards!
If we don't demand and support quality, we should not expect to get it.
Bud Osbourne