To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reply all, no LBC
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:03:52 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
I'll defend this just a bit, because I'm guilty of it too from time to
time.

The reason is that in most email systems I've used, hitting "reply" will
just reply to the SENDER, not the LIST. So we hit reply all and quickly
get our thoughts down, and then hit "send" before remembering to remove
all the other names besides the list. I know I'm not the only one, since
oftentimes when I get replies from a post, I'll get two. Yes it wastes
bandwidth. No it doesn't really bother me, I have a delete button. But I
will try to remember to edit my "to" and "cc" lines.

I've enjoyed most of the off-topic banter over the winter months. My
Midget has been hibernating since it's been nut-freezing cold, snowy,
and I have no garage. So my LBC posts have been few, and it's nice to
discuss other things. In another month or so, the weather will warm, and
we'll be driving, fixing, and restoring our LBCs again.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/