RE: Cost of Living...NLBS

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:18:22 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
RH..  wrong part of the country....  65K is about right for '58.  My
parent's house in Brooklyn cost 55K in '49

And Stamford then is definitely not Stamford now.  It was just country then.
Living there a few years ago, my wife spent more than $8,500 in rent for a
year.  And that was just a teeny apartment in the converted attic of a
house.

But there used to be plenty of industry in and around Stamford.  Towns like
Derby are shells of what they were in the 40's and 50's.  All the
manufacturing has gone overseas or out west.  Even in the 60's and 70's cost
of living standards were outpacing industry wages in the NY/NJ/CT area.
Just like what's happening today, the manufacturing companies had to close
shop because they couldn't sell their products for what it was costing them
in labor to make them.

Just my thoughts....

Oh... and I'm sure you can leave your keys in the car in Greenwich CT.  I've
done it many times in the past, including in the MG.

Mike