Re: Cost of Living...NLBS

To: "Gary & Kathryn Bales" <kgb@frontiernet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:27:49 -0500
. . .  leave his house unlocked, or leave the keys in his vehicles . . .

The story around here is that the only time one has to lock house or
vehicle is during August - Zucchini season - for fear that a "friend" will
drop some off for you!
(Michigan's U.P. - more deer that people a few years ago.)

Having just retired from a technical university, I have wondered just what
field of study I would recommend to a high school student these days. I
warned Computer Science majors to take courses in business or something
else not directly related to CS to round out their education "just in case"
their job eventually ended up in India or someplace like that.

Tim