Re: Cost of Living...NLBS

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:26:46 -0600
> Who came up with the credo that we must remove and destroy every last
> evidence of what God created by excavatiung it, grading it, and paving it?

It is the American Way, Jay. You know the classic definition of a suburb?
"Where they chop down all of the trees and name streets after them."
Same with Indian tribes.
I, on the other hand (see, it is possible to write that out), am rather fond
of the natural look. At my last house I had about a third of the property as
"wild", with trilliums and fiddle-heads amongst the oak trees. Sure was
better than mowing that chunk ;-)
David Lieb