Re: Cost of Living...NLBS

To: davriker@excite.com, PilotRob@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:00:10 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/19/2004 3:42:38 PM Mountain Standard Time,
davriker@excite.com writes:
My folks bought a home
in 59, for $4000, that I sold last year for $8500!
Hey, I was lucky to get the $8500 in Waco,TX, known only as the home of Venon
Howell, Baylor University, and as a place to gass up between Dallas and
Austin.

What had been a middle class blue collar neighborhood when I grew up is now a
rental slum.  Five years ago I was offered $2500 for the house and when I
tried to donate it to Baylor or hHabitat to Humanity, they refused it.

Two bedroom, one bath house with yellow pine flooring and wainscotting...I'd
have been better off probably to disassemble it and sell the parts on ebay.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget

"I'm not all that sold on the idea of becoming the poor man's Cher" J. Joplin