Re: Riley Sprite

To: "conan" <conan@intrex.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Riley Sprite
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:27:44 +0100
The Austin 7 that broke the UK 100mph speed record in August 1931 was
supercharged.  However the first supercharged Austin Sevens were developed
in 1925 when two were produced, one a 748cc one and the other overbored to
775 so that it could compete in the next class.  The smaller car achieved
92mph over a kilometer.  It took MG a further 6 years to raise this record
to over 100mph

Guy
(Sorry, I was an Austin 7 "nut" long before I discovered Spridgets!)