Engine Swaps

To: autox spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Spridget Midget Sprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Engine Swaps
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:18:07 -0600
        I tried to post this earlier today from work, but I think it got
lost in cybersomewhere....

Still looking at alternatives for my'69 Sprite, with bad trans. Maybe
adding a bit more horsepower in the process of fixing the transmission.
I have found some sites with Toyota engine and trans combo swaps, and a
few Datsun engine and trans swaps. Of  course, the most common dats 5
speed trans, using spridget engine and rear end.

I also saw giant engine transplants, big honkin V8's and some V6's with
variable combinations. Oh, and one electric conversion.

Do any listers know of other combinations, such as normally transverse
mounted engines transplanted to a rear wheel drive? or maybe the
attachment of the front portion of the drive system from a front wheel
drive vehicle? Not that those would be a desirable option, but might be
fun.

Just covering all of the bases before embarking on what will no doubt
be a fairly long term project.

cheers, bill b.
bill b
1969 Sprite (Bilby)