Re: First drive!

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First drive!
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 07:50:57 -0500
Did you have to mention race car test drives?

This one I can't blame on youth... damn the shame of it all....

Few years ago I rebuilt the suspension in the Camaro Bonneville car... and I
just had to make sure it ran before I took it all the way up to North
Carolina ... needless to say I took it out on the street... you can imagine
this fiasco... a Small block with open headers in a quiet residential
area....  the little road trip was just fine until an ignition wire came
loose and the car died on the side of the road....

I know you can't imagine someone calling the minion of the law... but they
did and here I was sitting beside the road with a race car that I'd just got
running when he pulled up.... I'm sure the look on my face was priceless...
When he asked was the hell I thought I was doing... I just shrugged and
said... " Ya caught me... I'm guilty as hell "  all he did was escort my
dumb ass home and come down to the shop to check out my set up... To
funny....

Keith ( seems the older I get the nicer the police are )