Re: Parts Washer

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Washer
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:06:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/04 11:56:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> Realistically, it would be nice to find a good solvent
> for use in the cheap parts washers that is affordable and effective.

I don't have a parts washer, but saw one at Big Lots on sale for $39.95--it
was small, but it looked very useful.  The note on the box said that it was NOT
for water-based solvents.  Personally, I like to use diesel fuel as a parts
washing solvent.  It works just like kerosene, but leaves everything with a
fine film of clean oil to keep it from rusting.  Easily cleaned off with
mineral
spirits if necessary.  I always figured that if I was running a parts washer,
I would fill it with diesel.

--David C.