Re: emissions

To: hobbycars@cox.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: emissions
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:57:04 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/2004 5:53:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
hobbycars@cox.net writes:
Checking ignition timing and adjusting the carbs can reduce emissions and
greatly improve your chance of passing, but I assume you have already done
that.
I seem to remember the folks on the TR list leaning out the carbs until the
car would barely run and advancing(?) the timing.  The car might barely make it
into the test, but it would pass, and they could readjust before heading home.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico

There is a general place in your brain, I think, reserved for 'melancholy of
relationships past.' It grows and prospers as life progresses, forcing you
finally, against your better judgment, to listen to country music.
- Kary Mullis