emissions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: emissions
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:05:50 +0000
Hi.
I once owned a Ford with a 302 V8 injected motor, It always had trouble with
the CO reading. The solution was to raise the idle speed as near the allowable
limit for the test, which was at least 1000 rpm. You could watch the CO
readings drop to zero then they would start the emission test. Readjust the
idle and you are good for another year.
However, that was in the days of the one rpm fits all testing. Today they use
the dyno, rolling road test here in Mass anyway. Luckily my "new" Ford seems to
pass ok.

Hope this helps,
John