RE: emissions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: emissions
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:12:33 -0700
Cyrille wrote: "My problem is with my truck (81 Fort Courrier), and I mainly
have a problem
with the CO that is around 1.9 while it has to be bellow 1.2..."

OK... High CO may indicate the engine is runing rich- lean the mixture for
the test.

Spridgeteers, Is the following correct?

CO low /HC low /CO2 low /O2 high - exhaust leak (extra oxygen getting to
tail pipe)
CO high /HC high /CO2 low /O2 low - engine running rich
CO low /HC high /CO2 low /O2 high - engine running lean or running with a
misfire.

Can someone help me build a good "Passing the emissions test guide" to put
on my website, or does any Spridgeteer know of an existing web site with
this info?

JLC