tonneau bow?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: tonneau bow?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:53:23 -0700
I just got a new tonneau cover for the bugeye.  Instead of stopping at the
back edge of the cockpit, it attaches to the two fittings for the convertible
top and thus covers part of the rear deck.  Thats fine with me, but the
confusing part is the two pockets of material that run across the driver and
passenger panels of the tonneau.  They look like something might be inserted
through them.
Are these for some sort of rod or bow that keeps the tonneau from sagging with
a rain puddle?  If so, where do the ends of this rod or bow end up?
I've caught an occasional reference on the list to tonneau bows, but my old
rotted tonneau had no such thing or provision for one so I have no clue how
this is supposed to look.
Has anyone got a pic of one in place to show how these 'pockets' are put to
use?

Thanks,
Glen Byrns