RE: Speaking of cheap Chinese made crap....

To: "Guy Weller" <Guy.Weller@kencomp.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Speaking of cheap Chinese made crap....
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:23:46 -0500
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net> i59EOjgt014356
Hi All, I don't know where my M+++ muffler was manufactured but it was
one of the worst pieces of trash I ever saw in my 41 years of Healey
(and Sprite) ownership.  After just under 500 miles since being
installed it cracked open at least 2/3 of the way around the case at
midway between the ends.  When I pulled it off to have a closer look,
the inside of the bottom part of the case was rusted so badly that I
could poke a hole thru it with a screwdriver.  This isn't ordinary wear
and tear, it is clearly an inferior product which very likely began the
rust process the day it was manufactured.  This is a sad commentary on
outsourcing.  I'm not knocking M+++ as most of us would be in worse
shape without them.  I won't even bother to return it for an adjustment
as packing it up and paying UPS just isn't worth the bother to me.  Does
anyone have a suggested alternative for the 2-in, 2-out pre-BJ8 Healey
muffler??  Hey, I'm no purist, I just love driving my Healey and my
Sprite.
Thanx!!
Jack