Re: Upgraded Bugeye tail lamps

To: Richard Rivenbark <rrivenbark@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Upgraded Bugeye tail lamps
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:15:45 -0400 5.0; U)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
My comment about our Miata experience wasn't meant to attack drivers of any
specific type of vehicle; it was simply an observation that brighter lights are
unlikely to make a difference with inattentive drivers.  Defensive caution is
what I try to do, but in the instance I described, it was in stop and go traffic
and the other driver was a dolt.

This morning, while driving from Cheshire to New Haven via I91, in my Neon R/T,
a woman behind me driving a Ford Escape (?) was talking on a cell phone in her
left hand, with her right hand gesticulating every important point she was
making, and all along her eyes were diverted from the road as her head bobbed
around with each emphatic point as well.

Like Richard, I moved over.  Yikes.  What was she steering with?

Richard Rivenbark wrote:

> Me??? I let 'em by...all the time. And most assuredly so if I spot a cell
> phone "back there". You just know Mr/Ms all-important ("I must remain in
> touch at all times") is gonna be way behind in reaction time if and when the
> proverbial sh#t hits the fan, as it definitely will do from time to time!!
> :):)"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: