Re: Disc brake conversion for BE?

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion for BE?
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:46:23 -0600
Cc: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, Spridgets (E-mail) <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
see interlined..

On Nov 8, 2004, at 8:38 AM, David Lieb wrote:

> Lester,
> You will probably find that you bought a pair of spindles, a pair of
> hubs,
> and a pair of caliper cores. The list of what you will probably need

> includes bushings,
for the "A" arms?

> bearings,
for the hub I take it (Not a LBC guy here)

> grease seals,
for the bearings.. ok..

> a-arms,
uh oh, is there a known problem with "A" arms I should look for or do I
assume the worst?

> kingpins with bushings,
Are these different than on the drum brake setup?

> caliper kits,
Yeah, i figure the core part is the best route.  Is Moss ok for this or
is there a better route?

> kingpin cotters,
Ok, part of the assembly.. got it

> rotors,
Damn I Hope not .. but these two are Moss items right?

> brake pads and the split pins to hold
> them in, the leaf springs under those split pins,
Yeah, I figure that part..

> tie rod ends,
do the drum tie rod ends not fit?  Is thee something special about the
arms?

> is there an
> end?
Not so far as I can see.. ;-)