Re: Disc brake conversion for BE?

To: "Lester Ewing" <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion for BE?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:47:53 -0800 reply-type=response
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Lester,

I just broke apart an old set like yours and found that the fulcrum pin AND
the bushings were totally worn out.  They rattled like a pencil in a tin
cup.  Luckily, in my case, I'll just replace the pin since the set-up is
going on a drum brake car with good A arms.  It sounds like you will need to
either silver solder in a new pair of bushings (see someone's tech page for
the correct technique) or replace the A-arms.
Good luck.

Glen