Re: Welding wire

To: "Duncan Sinclair" <duncan@pondhop.com>, <john.dagostino@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Welding wire
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:27:55 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi,

Well, I got caught in that one, sort of.  Took my bottle in to be exchanged
at a small welding supply place near me.  Got the "new" exchange one and off
I go.  Next time I take it in to be filled, different place, the fellow says
they can't fill CO 2 bottles, and besides, where did I get one like this?
Told him when and where, and he justs shakes his head.  This guy told me
they simply took an older outdated CO 2 bottle, as in soda fountain stuff,
changed the valve and got me in on an illegal exchange.

So, I had to buy a NEW bottle and get started on the 75/25 path again.
Won't get me again on that one!  Bottles are not cheap!  When you do an
exchange, make sure there is adequate time on the inspection date, too, so
you can get another dated OK bottle.  I did get a decent discount on the new
bottle, though and I'm convinced it was NOT just a sales gimmick after he
explained everything.  He was properly safety conscious.  That's to my
benefit.  Also gave me a safety plaque to use when transporting the bottle.

Ohhh, the learning curve at times!!

Paul A