Re: Storage of LBCs

To: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Storage of LBCs
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:37:34 -0500 5.0; U)
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
I have considered, also, the idea of combining this venture with a space rental
arrangement to allow specific project work for set lengths of time.  That is,
essentially offer the facility for a short term rental, hours or days, to
someone
who otherwise doesn't have the means to work on the car.  This could be anything
from an oil change to a reconstruction.  But that is even more difficult to
price.  Being as cheap as I am, I can't even imagine what I would part with for
the privilege of working on my car in a dry and warm location.

A building I'm looking at is 2800 square feet with three garage doors, solid
floors and well configured space for just under $185k.  Doing the math makes
most
of my ambitions here seem implausible.

Meanwhile, I am renting a building that I describe as "dead" storage for less
than what taxes and insurance would be on the above, although it is smaller
19x60.  And when I refer to "dead" storage, I'm talking about merely a parking
and storage place, not work space.  My space is always filled, but not always
with the same cars.  Things rotate through, including for which car I want to
drive some particular weekend.