Re: Shipping large items

To: hobbycars@cox.net, w.lists@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping large items
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:11:52 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2005 8:55:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hobbycars@cox.net writes:

One  thing I would consider if I had to ship such items is the Greyhound  bus
company. Apparently their prices are very reasonable - no experience  myself
thou, just what I heard.

I've shipped lots of stuff using Greyhound.  Very reasonable, but you  need
to be near a bus station.  Typically its about $60 for shipping  and I've never
had a problem.  Shipped hard tops, fenders, seats, etc.  There are a few
limitations.  100 lbs is the maximum, but I have cheated  and shipped things a
few
pounds over.  I got away with 120 one time.   They have maximum box
dimensions, but the guys at the bus station have always  been willing to work
with me
and explain that as long as they can fit it under  the bus it goes.  (for
example, you can ship a hood wrapped in bubble wrap  which exceeds max length)
They
do not ship outside the US.

Check their web site for price and restrictions.   www.shipgreyhound.com

Tim