Fix it if it ain't broke...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fix it if it ain't broke...
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:59:32 -0600
Hello,

I tend to spend more time enjoying my Bugeye than worrying if she's perfect...
Now, I'm not saying I'm abusive, I perform all the regular maintenance, avoid
rainy days and keep it spotless.  However, it wasn't till I saw the thread
about the high idle that I recognized I've had the same thing going on with
"the green bean" for a while.

I did a quick test on my SU throttle shafts and found they move what looks
like about 1/32" (maybe more) inside their bore.  Now that I know I have a
problem, what's the likely fix?  I see Moss has an oversize shaft available.
I also saw one of your comments in the earlier thread that the shaft is the
more likely to wear than the bore.  (I think I saw that anyway) Should I
consider just replacing the shaft with the original size and take the chance
that's what was worn?  Possibly order the oversize shaft and just see if it
fits in the bore?  If I decide to send out and have the work performed, who
can I trust to do the job and get it right?  (Did I mention I'm so tight with
a buck I squeak?)

Thanks,

Dan Corning
Nashville, TN.