Re: K & N again

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: K & N again
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 18:49:55 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> I say "F*ck 'em".  I love my car. They can all kiss my ass. (those that look
> down on the Spridget owners that is)

Hey now, I just happen to be a big Healey owner these days.
But Brad, you are right ;)
I have been around these cars for over 30 years, lots of meets, shows,
drives, and yes AH and other clubs.
I don't belong to any AH club anymore. I never will un less it is an AH
SPRITE club only. (Midgets would be welcome too)
I was a memeber of AHST and went to 3 events in 4 months, each time I
had the only Healey there and it was my Sprite. Their idea of a Healey
is what I call a honda.
I was to Healey 92 international and saw most large Healey owners
scramble for covered parking rather than park with the crowd in the show
area. THAT was my last Healey meet unless it was for SPRITES.

I also wrote many articles thru the years for various club rags and
national mags. And like you, I swing a hammer not a pen. I do write from
the heart and I have gotten in trouble for it more than once so I try to
stick with tech tips or something simple.

The looking down is all over. If you want to see some looker downers,
check out the Aston Martin Owners group.  Apparently they can look down
on ALL car owners. But when our local LBC club was invited to their
major meet in DC, we had all the fun, we won their rally even though we
had to start last, "behind the faster, more powerfull AMs" Although we
did not win the question end of the rally because all the answers
pertained to AM ownership, we did beat them all in time. Imagine a bunch
of MGs, TRs, and Spridgets passing lines of Aston Martins!

Guys, we are in it for the fun of it, not the status of owning an old
car. That's why we all get along and can say "My car's better than your
car" :)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ