RE: SU Adjustment

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: RE: SU Adjustment
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:43:45 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank, I use the idle adjustment screws to balance the carbs at idle with my
unisync and the shafts disconnected.  As I recall you don't like the
unisync.  I set the fast idle screw with the "1/2 way retainer" (clothespin)
in place and no movement of the chokes. Then full out to engage the chokes
themselves.  I don't have to "take something apart" to mess it up it usually
does that with no help from me.
                Crash

Greg

There is an idle adjustment screw on each carb. I think inboard just
above the throttle shaft exit.
Set this to 750 rpm (yeah right) and then set the choke fast idle screw
down below to your liking. A little choke should kick in the fast idle,
but not a high rev when it's fully choked.
Setting the choke is a bit of hit or miss.
You don't want it to chug (blub-blub-blub) when cold at a full choke
and a nice fast idle when 1/2 way pushed in.
You'll get it right for a day then take something apart and mess it all
up again like we all do ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ