Re: I need some help

To: Jerry Goodman <Jerry.Goodman@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: I need some help
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:18:38 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I am a firm believer that a good carburetor tune up begins with the electrics.
But before going nuts with this, check to see if there is a clogged fuel filter
or some other inlet obstruction.  I had these same symptoms on my MGB.  After a
thorough ignition analysis and tune up, and a carburetor adjustment and
synchronization (at idle and no load, of course) I failed to fix the problem.
It got progressively worse until it began to affect low speed running as well.
I changed the fuel filter (I didn't realize that color was bad!) and emptied a
tablespoon or more of crud out of the fuel pump.  A new filter and blowing out
the fuel lines did the final fix.

This may not be your problem, but I wished I had checked this stuff first.