Re: I need some help

To: "Biff" <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: I need some help
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:05:39 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Biff,

I had a Herald (33 years ago) that had the same problem...  I changed
EVERYTHING on that car including the 948 engine.

It turned out to be a split in a rubber fuel line between the tank and
the fuel pump (on the suck side of the pump).  The line ran thru the
right rear fender where it could not be seen.  It would only affect the
running at high speed (anything over an idle for a Herald).  It would
putter around at low speeds all day but I couldn't get it above 20 MPH.
  ( I was only 17 at the time and this really pi$$ed me off).   After
all,  I paid 50 bucks of very hard earned money for a running British

By the way - it didn't leak gas and it would fill a coffee can with gas
in a hurry if I disconnected the fuel line at the carb and cranked the
engine.

Kevin V.