Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix

To: mikey@b2systems.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:05:07 EDT
well, my understanding was that Ferrari basically blocked the compromise
measures that everyone else agreed to by refusing to attend the sessions where
the
teams were called together to vote on an acceptable compromise.  This is not
too too hard to imagine them doing, since they could see that if the Michelin
cars were eliminated their 50 million dollar per year but winless driver had a
better than even chance of actually winning his first race this year if he
was restricted to racing against pretty much only his teammates.  I think that
if you read a couple of the news stories about this you will see that this is
indeed what caused the final situation, and that Ferrari had, in fact,
EVERYTHING to do with this.

On the other hand, you are very astute in realizing so quickly that I don't
know sh*t and also that Ferrari ownership is worth moral or other sacrifices.
As for the sound of the motor a friend and I were at Ferrari of Washington
(DC) last summer when they were closed looking in the windows like the pathetic
little boys we are and the race team was working in the back shop on their
cars.  Jesus god that sound is magic.