Signing off for awhile

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Signing off for awhile
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:51:46 -0500
I'll be gone for awhile.

The 650 single-lunger Kawa dualsport enduro has been disassembled,
strengthened, greased, oiled, adjusted and otherwise tweaked.  Tomorrow, I
leave for Montreal to meet #1 son on a similar animal.  From there, it's to
the end of the pavement in Quebec and then north on the gravel up to
Labrador and east to the Labrador Sea.  Then 12 hours by boat to "the other"
road in Labrador and south to the ferry to New Foundland.  Another boat to
North Sydney, Nova Scotia on Cape Breton Island.  A traverse of the
Maritimes and then the final 3 day torture: 1700 miles of interstate back
home to Michigan.  The big circle looks to be about 6,000 miles with side
trips and a lot of gravel and logging trucks.  The wife gave me 17 days.

I've done a lot of blue highways on 2 wheels, but this one looks like a lot
of gray and white dashed roads.

Hell, I'm only 25 once!

JohnD