engine swap

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine swap
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:06:04 -0400 (EDT)
Listers,
I have a 66 Sprite with a 1098 that has bad noises. I'm swapping in a 1275
from a running parts car. Today I removed both engines. Now I have some
questions.

1098 is positive ground with generator. 1275 is neg ground with
alternator. I'm planning on putting generator starter and coil from 1098
to 1275 because the wiring will work that way. Is this OK?  Any other
related electrical things?

The 1098 exhaust from manifold to pipe isn't the same as the 1275 exhaust
manifold/pipe. Do I need to get a new exhaust pipe, etc.?

Oil filter on 1098 is element type and has a spade connector for a wire.
What's the wire and where does it go on the 1275 since there is no spade
on the spin-on oil filter base?

Cooling system-- 1098 radiator was good, 1275 was bad. Can I change
gooseneck and use radiator hoses from 1098 on the 1275 and hook up to 1098
radiator?

There are a few other bracket & plug swaps, but I think I have them
figured out.

I'm also going to swap the known ribcase from the 1098 to the unknown 1275
ribcase with clutch.

Anything else I need to do?

Replies and assistance will be very much appreciated, as usual. I'm
learning a lot more about these cars as I go, but I'm definitely a novice.

Thanks.
Dick B in NH