Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:34:08 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill Hunt wrote:
> David,
>
> I would agree with most all of your suggestions except for "1996 Ford
> F150 Eddie Bauer Regular Cab Short Bed w V-8"

I have to jump in here.
Eddie Bauer...Wasn't he a luggage salesman in the 1920s?
So what exactly does he have to do with Ford trucks?
I see his name on lots of Fords and even my newest twin nieces each have
an Eddie Bauer infant seat.
I told their mother that I would pay to have the twins names embroidered
over some 125 year old luggage salesman name.
I mean those girls are not named Eddie Bauer!
And who in their right mind would pay extra for somebody elses name on
their truck or baby seat?
If I am sporting YOUR name, you better have given me the tee shirt for
nothing ;)

As for collectable cars 20 years from now, it will be honduhs, and VW golfs.
My son has his 87 golf with about 40 k invested in it. I know he won't
sell it. It is already a garage queen.
His buddies with riced out honda civics have 30-40 k tied up in those
things too with wings, fart pipes, and boom boom stereos along with
stuff I never knew existed. They are "Sunday drivers" now too as they
settle down, buy homes, and SUVS to tote the babies around.

I parked my Sprite when I got married, settled in, bought a house, had
kids and payments. I didn't sell it. Now it's a "collectable" car.
I was a our local cruise night tonight, Ford Falcons were crap boxes
back in the 60s. Basic econo box transportation. Now they are "classic
cars" and look good to us (well I like em) Novas, Pontiac Tempest,
Buicks, even a 66 Bel Air. All "just cars" back then sort of like all
the tan jap cars of today.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ