Re: MGB Oil Cooler on a sprite??

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Oil Cooler on a sprite??
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:35:56 -0400 reply-type=original
I've been pondering this issue of reusing a "used" oil cooler.  On every
stock Spridget I've seen with an oil cooler the cooler is mounted so that
the oil flows from the engine to the oil cooler, then to the oil filter, and
finally back to the engine.  How can the detritus supposedly existing in a
used oil cooler get past the oil filter to cause harm to the engine?  Is it
a case where the sludge in the used cooler causes the filter to block up
causing a drop in oil pressure?

No I don't have a used oil cooler on my car, I'm not planning on installing
one, I have no financial interest, etc., etc.  I'm just curious.

Rick

PS - Winners Circle and/or Mini-Mania sell an adapter that allows you to
mount the filter remotely and plumb the cooler after the filter.