Re: RE: MGB Oil Cooler on a sprite??

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: MGB Oil Cooler on a sprite??
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:03:40 GMT j9EE3d2u016117
"Where does one get those?"

Good question! I dunno. There are clamps
with rubber inserts around. Seen them at
hardware stores I think.

We made two up out of
appropriately sized "broad" muffler clamps
stuffed with rubber inserts we cut from some rubber we had hangin' around the
shop. I think they were the type of clamp used for hanging the exhaust system
off the
rear body (we had many more of these than we needed!:) and the rubber came from
an old tire.

My "new" Rivergate "spec'd" motor ran quite a bundle as well. EN40 crank, etc.
Lotta good stuff! I intentionally spent some good bucks on this motor. Never
even considered using the used oil cooler from
the old motor (80k on a 1098). Considered
a new cooler "cheap insurance". Had it and
SS hoses and AN fittings shipped along with other parts I needed. It's a SOCAL
(13 row I think).

With no intent to be overly diplomatic....
.....no right/wrong here. Different opinions. Your car, your time, your
investment, your budget, your responsbility, your decision. In the end, you're
the only one you gotta please! :)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog