Re: shifter giving me the shaft (yes, LBC content)

To: Dan Gillitzer <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: shifter giving me the shaft (yes, LBC content)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:32:43 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan

If that tranny has been sitting for 20 years, it's just got a dry shift
shaft. (aka remote rod)
It is just a steel rod from the shift lever to the shift forks and it
probably just needs a bit of use (and oil) to get it back in shape.
You might try a bit of oil down the shifter itself, or some WD or thin
stuff to lube the shaft.
Also if you pull out the shifter you will see an "O" ring on the bottom
ball and there is a nylon cup where the ball sits. Make sure all is fine
down there.
But I bet it's just dry, drive it a bit.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ