Re: shifter giving me the shaft (yes, LBC content)

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shifter giving me the shaft (yes, LBC content)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:57:13 -0500
Frank
I had that all apart and lubed it in the process. I think Paul A hit it on
the head with his idea on checking the shifter itself.
The one I had with the car I know was too late of a shifter, from the days
when they rubber coated the whole thing, obviously rib case. Paul said to
check the distance between the large top ball and the lower smaller one,
1/2" is rib case and 3/8" is smooth, I have 2 shifters, both 1/2", so still
seeking a smoothcase shifter. makes sense, especially since it shifts better
is i slack off on the 3 retaining palte bolts. I'll squirt some more oil on
that remote shaft too.
Dan G