RE: A series motor build advise needed

To: "'Robert Duquette'" <RobertDuquette@sympatico.ca>, "'spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A series motor build advise needed
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:14:21 -0600
I seem to go thru more clutches on the race car with an aluminum flywheel
vs. a lightened steel one. It doesn't really matter if the motor revs up a
little quicker if ya don't finish the race, eh?

I believe the lower mass requires more feathering and slipping of the clutch
to get underway, and, especially on a street car, I believe that would be a
problem.