A series motor build advise needed

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Sprite <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Midget/Sprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Morris <morris@autox.team.net>, Morris Motors <morris_motors@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: A series motor build advise needed
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:48:49 -0800 (PST)
Group - After maganafluxing 4 different 1275cc blocks at a friend work. i
finally found a sound stock 1275cc block. I am glad he is a good friend and did
have to waste my money checking all the blocks. I am not sure what the process
cost. But i am sure it is not cheap. And yes he checked the crank too.

I know a lot of people are running from 1275cc to over 1400cc motors. I have a
few questions.

1. How many CC motor would be a good number CC to build a motor for street use.
2. How much HP will that number CC produce?
3. What is the MPG for that motor.
4.What rear end is the best to run?

In the past i have built motors for other cars. Just never a A series motor. I
am getting a 5 speed trans from a Datsun if that helps with your advice.
I am sure the use of the car has a lot to do with how you build the motor. The
motor i am going to build is going to be used as a every day driver. I am in
California and I plan to take it on trips to shows in Arizona, other states and
to Canada to visit friends. I figured i would take a poll before i started the
process. I know a lot of you are going to come up with different numbers and
that is Ok. I have also been told by some people "If i did it again i would
build it different". I figured i would learn from others what they would do
after building there motors and running them awhile. So any hints or advice are
very welcome.

Example: A friend has a pretty much full race Motor for the street. He said he
would go with the bigger valves, head work, not as many CC's ( he is over
1400cc), different pistons, (He is runnig race prepared pistons now), not use a
Aluminum fly wheel or the Weber carb because it was a pain in the butt to
adjust when he goes to different altitudes.

Thanks In advance for all your sugestions.

Vigil