Re: master cyl with disc brakes

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: master cyl with disc brakes
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 07:23:05 -0600 reply-type=original {sentby:smtp 24.15.214.89 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>>> what in the heck does RWA stand for??

Jim,
RWA stands for Round Wheel Arch and refers to the bodywork at the rear
wheels. The Bugeye could be called an RWA, but the only "box Spridgets" that
are RWA are the 72-74 model years (started in late 71, lasted until the
rubber bumpers). Therefore the Sprite had RWA for about three years when
there was no Midget equivalent and the Midget had RWA for about three years
when there were no more Sprites being made. Poetic justice, I suppose.

I imagine this is one of the reasons that Bugeyes tend to show up in vintage
racing so much (goodness knows it ISN'T the raw power), since RWA means more
leeway in tire choices. I suppose WST will chime in with a better reason (it
is really because vintage racing is just an excuse to indulge their love of
Bugeyes)...
David Lieb